This is where business happens.
To succeed in today’s competitive and dynamic environment, top employers want talented college graduates with broad knowledge and experience coupled with key skills in critical thinking, collaboration, and communication. They also seek agile, innovative problem-solvers who are capable of successfully navigating an ever-evolving technology landscape.
At the Byrum School of Business, you’ll build those skills and more from day one. You will partner with real local business executives and civic leaders to solve real problems, recommend strategies, and implement solutions. In fact, at any given point during the academic year, about 90 percent of Marian University business majors are directly working on a project with local leaders.
Marian’s unique approach to business education emphasizes:
- Gaining knowledge of proven business methods and strategies.
- Exploring new, emerging trends and best practices.
- Practicing and applying what you learn, working in teams to collaborate with experienced faculty and industry mentors.
- High-impact learning experiences, like completing a data analytics project for an Indianapolis business and consulting with Fortune 500 executives on acquisition targets.
Learn by doing.
We have integrated relevant, meaningful, and significant student experiences into our business courses.
- As a freshman, you’ll develop a business plan and pitch your ideas to local business and civic leaders with a stake in the outcome.
- During years two and three, you’ll serve on a student consulting team, operate a $60K student-managed venture fund to support Indianapolis entrepreneurs, or compete at local, regional, and national business competitions. This level of engagement will continue throughout your fourth year of the program.
- Along the way, you’ll get faculty mentoring, personal guidance, individual support, and plenty of networking opportunities that will enable you to graduate career-ready and serve as a business leader in your community.
Find out what we’re made of.
Pay us a visit! Talk with an admissions counselor. Meet some of our faculty and current students. Learn what the Byrum School of Business has to offer, including:
- A spacious 33,000 square-foot new facility with flexible, collaborative spaces for teaching and learning. The Paul J. Norman Center was specifically designed to support our experiential curriculum. It includes flexible work zones for team meetings, small-group projects, and brainstorming sessions, meeting spaces for interacting with clients and members of the business community, and a large presentation venue with tiered seating for presentations. It also includes dedicated space for student-run businesses called The Hatchery.
- Access to internship opportunities at top local, regional, national, and international organizations. You will complete at least one (many students complete two or more) internship before graduation. Our convenient location just minutes from downtown Indianapolis and thriving central Indiana economy means you can pursue internships in fields like accounting, marketing, digital media, sales management, logistics, technology, healthcare, transportation, pharmaceuticals, banking and finance, and advanced manufacturing.