Quick Step Guide:
Here's the basic gist of how to get going with Webex and side-step potential issues. If you've accessed Webex another way and have encountered issues, try these steps instead.
- Download the app from webex.com/downloads.html (the app is more stable than the browser version)
- Login with your Marian email account
- Restart your Device
- Access all Webex Meetings though Canvas
Need more? Use the information below for more detailed support and/or trouble-shooting.
Need help? If you encounter issues and need help, contact help.webex.com/contact. They are available 24/7.
Downloading the App:
- First, visit webex.com/downloads.html. Download “Webex Meeting”, your instructor will notify you if you also need to download Webex Teams.
- Follow the download instructions:
- For Mac Laptops/Desktops: When prompted, sign in with Marian email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For Windows: When prompted, sign in with Marian email address (email@example.com)
- For iPhones: When prompted, sign in with Marian email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For Androids: When prompted, login with Marian email address (email@example.com) · Select site: mu.webex.com and then login
- Ignore the request if the Webex app asks for a meeting link or password. You have successfully installed the app.
- Close the app and restart your device. This step is important to ensure the app works properly.
Accessing the Meeting Space:
Access all your Webex Meetings from Canvas. Once in your Canvas Course, you should see the following screen:
If, after you selected the Join button, you see the screen below, the creator of your meeting (typically your professor) has not joined and activated the meeting yet. Even though the bar is loading, you will not be able to enter the meeting. You will need to close the tab and try to join the meeting again in a couple of minutes.
- Make sure you are accessing all meetings through the app – Always choose the option to “Open the Desktop App”
- For Mac/iOS devices, you will need to click “Open Cisco Webex Start” in the popup.
- If, at any time, Webex asks you for a meeting link or password, close the Webex app and browsers and access your meeting through your Canvas Course.
- https://help.webex.com/contact is available 24/7 if you encounter issues and need assistance.