Commencement cap and gown rental
Returning rented regalia
- Please return your rented gowns and hoods (graduate only) to the Marian University Bookstore in Alumni Hall after the commencement ceremony. You may keep your cap or tam and tassel.
Ordering information and policies
If you plan to participate in our Commencement Ceremony, you must rent a Marian University cap and gown through Herff-Jones. The order deadline has passed. Contact the registrar's office or email email@example.com.
Collect your graduation regalia from the Marian University Bookstore beginning Monday, April 22, 2019 during published business hours.
Undergraduate and graduate students must return rented gowns and hoods (graduate only) to the bookstore representative on location following commencement on Saturday, May 4, 2019.
If you do not order a cap and gown by March 18, 2019 you may visit the Marian University Bookstore from April 22 through April 26 to purchase a bulk order cap and gown at the “not ordered by March 18” cost. If you missed the deadline to order, contact the Office of the Registrar in Marian Hall or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not arranged your cap and gown rental by April 26, 2019, you will not be able to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.
Cancellation and refund policy
Once cap and gown rentals have been ordered and paid for, cancellations and refunds for the order can be done online through Herff-Jones until March 18, 2019 and at the Marian University bookstore March 19 through April 1, 2019.
No refunds will be given after April 1, 2019. No exceptions will be made to this policy.
A graduation fair will be held Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 1 to 5 p.m. outside of the Marian University bookstore in Alumni Hall.
- Graduates can order cap and gowns, announcements, class rings, and frames.
- A Herff-Jones representative will be available to answer questions.
- This will be the only opportunity you have to charge graduation items to your student account at the university. Present your Marian University student ID to charge graduation items to your account. All other orders made online or with the bookstore before or after February 28 must be paid in full when placing the order.
Regalia for MU-COM and DNP graduates
Marian University MU-COM and DNP graduates are required to rent or purchase graduation regalia.
- Purchase orders must be completed using the MU regalia purchase order form. Submit order forms directly to Patrick Cavazos at Herff-Jones. Contact information for Patrick is located at the bottom of the order form.
If you are hooding an MU-COM or DNP graduate who will participate in the hooding portion of the commencement ceremony, wear your own personal regalia if you wish.