Project Build Adult Education
Hotline phone number (317) 602-3260
Project Build Application
In order to help the city and state meet goals to build a highly skilled Indiana workforce, Marian University has established Project Build, an adult education outreach program.
- Project Build provides diverse groups of adults with the educational and career training opportunities they need to (1) improve literacy and numeracy skills and (2) advance their careers.
- The Klipsch Educators College at Marian is committed to embedding Project Build programs within some of the city's most at risk neighborhoods.
The Project Build Adult Education program offers FREE instruction to adults needing to improve their college and career readiness skills.
We can help you
- Prepare for college coursework
- Prepare for the high school equivalency diploma test
- Earn an industry recognized certification
- Improve skills for a better job
As a Project Build Adult Education student, you set your own goals, work at your own pace, have access to university professors, and, best of all, instruction is free.
Adult Learners can prepare for their TASC examination.
Click the video to begin.
In the News
The Southside Times ran a very nice article about the new Adult Education site at Hope Center Indy. Marian University collaborates with Hope Center Indy through Project Build.
Project Build will be providing HSE and certification classes for the southside community using our DWD and CARES Act grants. Please see article
on page 3.
Student of the Month
Angela Gilder, Project Build's Student of the Month. We are so proud of Angela and her accomplishments! We asked her a few questions and here is how she responded.
What made you decide to join Marian's ABE program?
"I realized I need to further my education. I wanted to take another trade. I have been a certified nurse's aide for seven years, but it's not the field for me. So, joining Marian's ABE program refreshed the education I needed to complete the
BICSI (cable technology installation) program."
To learn more about Angela's student experience, click here or go to the Project Build Facebook page.
- Edna Martin Christian Center
- Flanner House
- Public Advocates in Community re-Entry
- Mary Rigg Neighborhood Center
- Turning Point Community of Scholars
- The Indiana Construction Roundtable Foundation
- THA Construction
- Code Black Indy
- The Blue Umbrella
- The Indiana National Guard
- Martindale Brightwood Community Development Corporation
- Stand for Children