Apply using Marian University's online international application. It's free!
English language proficiency: Document your English language proficiency by following the requirements listed below.
Academic records: Your official academic record should document all secondary or high school subjects you have studied and their final grades/marks. Every effort will be made to evaluate your transcript, but you may be required to submit an official transcript evaluation or translation of your transcript.
External exam results: Official records such as O-levels, IB, IGCSE, ICSE, SPM, KCSE, and others that are administered by an educational examining board.
Passport: Submit a copy or scan of the photo identity page of your passport.
Proof of finances: Submit a completed financial verification along with supporting documents from within the past six months showing sufficient funds to cover the first year of study. Supporting documents include a bank statement or letter from the bank.
For application and admission purposes, we accept scanned versions of your transcripts and academic credentials.
English language requirements
If your native language is not English, send an official English language proficiency test result directly to Marian University.
Minimum acceptable scores are:
- TOEFL IBT 69
- IELTS 6.0
- ELS Level 112
- PTE 48
Marian University will waive this requirement if you have:
- Completed a degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Earned at least 24 regular semester hours of university credit from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Completed at least one year of high school in which English was the language of instruction
For nursing students:
If English is not your native language or you are not a citizen of a country in which English is an official language (contact your nursing advisor for an updated list of exempt countries), you must provide proof of one of the following for English language proficiency.
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL IBT) with overall score of 83 and including a minimum speaking score of 26.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS ) Academic Test with an overall score of 6.5 and including a minimum speaking score of 7.
- Duolingo score of 120 or higher.
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 560 or higher (21 ACT English subscore) or, your SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score is 660 or higher (27 ACT English subscore), regardless of where you are attending or have attended secondary school.
- Provide proof of a conferred Bachelor’s level or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
- Provide proof of attendance of formal secondary or post-secondary education in the United States for at least 4 years.
For additional nursing program requirements, please contact your nursing admissions advisor.