English language requirements
If your native language is not English, send an official English language proficiency test result directly to Marian University.
Minimum acceptable scores are:
- TOEFL IBT 69
- IELTS 6.0
- ELS Level 112
- PTE 48
Marian University will waive this requirement if you have:
- Completed a degree from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Earned at least 24 regular semester hours of university credit from an accredited U.S. college or university
- Completed at least one year of high school in which English was the language of instruction
For nursing students:
If English is not your native language or you are not a citizen of a country in which English is an official language (contact your nursing advisor for an updated list of exempt countries), you must provide proof of one of the following for English language proficiency.
- Test of English as a foreign language (TOEFL IBT) with overall score of 83 and including a minimum speaking score of 26.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS ) Academic Test with an overall score of 6.5 and including a minimum speaking score of 7.
- Duolingo score of 120 or higher.
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score of 560 or higher (21 ACT English subscore) or, your SAT Evidence-Based Reading and Writing score is 660 or higher (27 ACT English subscore), regardless of where you are attending or have attended secondary school.
- Provide proof of a conferred Bachelor’s level or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
- Provide proof of attendance of formal secondary or post-secondary education in the United States for at least 4 years.
For additional nursing program requirements, please contact your nursing admissions advisor.